Waffle Flower Guest Post....

Hello everybody!  Happy Mother's Day to my own sweet mom and every other woman I know with the heart of a mother!!  I want to hug you all!

Today I am the Guest Designer on the Waffle Flower blog sharing two cards I made with their recently released Bouquet Builder stamps and dies combo set!


To create these cards, I stamped with the trailing floral branch stamp, onto two pieces of watercolor paper.  For the first card, I stamped with Ranger Distress Ink in the Antique Linen color, so that when I painted the image, the ink would blend into the paint and look more like a true watercolor painting.


I used the same colors of mixed paints to daub on a wash of background color after the leaves and flowers were dry.  Then I used my Copic Multiliner pens to add back a general sense of leaf, branch and petal outlines along with some extra tendrils.  And finally I splattered on more of the paint I'd used for the painting.  I stamped the greeting using a combination of word stamps from the Waffle Flower Lotus stamp set.


For the second card, I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink, using the same cascading branch stamp plus more leaves and bloom stamps.


I painted both the card panel and the extra flowers and leaves with the same palette of colors I used on the card above, and once again, added a soft background wash and more paint splatters with the same colors.  Then I die cut the leaves and flowers, and after gently creasing and massaging each petal and leaf, adhered them to each other and then to the card front.  The Birthday greeting is also from the Waffle Flower Lotus stamp set.  Both cards are completed with an assortment of coordinating colored enamel dots on the flower centers and the background.


Thanks for stopping by again and Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

  1. So simple yet so beautiful, the 3d layering and splatter effect takes it to another level. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts