The final pages....

Hello friends!  Today is a double post day!  First up is the last few pages and the binding of my finally-completed Traveler's Notebook-style mini-album.  (Check back in a bit for the 2nd blog post with baby cards for Jane's Doodles!)

I'm really in love with this series of pages because of the way I altered the plain cream-colored card stock with stamping.  And I'm really pleased with myself for having kept that December stamp set through all my previous stash purges!




Once again, I used a lot of the Echo Park - A Perfect Winter and Cabin Fever paper and embellishment lines, as well as a mix of coordinating papers and LOTS of ancient stash that maybe should have been previously purged!



The process for binding the book together is far better explained by the YouTube video than by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O4kFTOEh6k 

Once the pages were all sewn together, I cut a strip of matching woodgrain paper to the same measurement as the spine, PLUS a generous half inch.  I scored that strip at 1/4" in from either edge and machine stitched close to the edges.  Then I adhere it to the book to cover the spine, using white glue for the center portion of the spine cover, and strong double-sided tape for the edge flaps to hold everything solidly in place while the white glue dried.


As usual there are way more pictures and explanations over on the Love is in the Detail blog, so you should check that out if you're interested in more detail.

Thanks for stopping by today, and we'll see you again very soon!

Comments

Popular Posts