Mother's Day card...

 Let's begin this post by saying....I got the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks!!  The hype was killing me! I couldn't go much longer without trying them and let me say, the hype is all true!  And they're somehow even prettier than the same colors in the original distress inks!  And SO fun to work with!!  I won't go into all the data on what they are and what they do and how they do what they do.  There's lots of that out there and you don't have to go far to find it.  But here are my color swatches, including a little stamp to finish that shows their stamping capability.  That might be what I'm most excited about!

Here are some of the samples of various color combo's I tried.

Finally, I settled on a combination of Broken China, Faded Jeans and Cracked Pistachio.  And they weren't kidding when they said that the Oxide inks blend like buddah!  SO yummy!

 So I blended the three colors, and once it was dry, I stamped it with Versamark ink and a stamp set from Sizzix and heat embossed with white powder.
Then I stamped the same image onto plain white card stock and then colored it in a monochromatic style.
Pretty straightforward, and very fun!  Now I want to try combinations of the other colors and see what that produces!
Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts