Release #2!

First, let me begin by apologizing for being so absent here lately.  Seems like everything creative has been going into these fun chipboard word designs.  Either thinking up more of them, designing them, or finally, playing with them!

Here's the result of some play time with the latest release of card sentiments.  

The 'Miss You' card is made by painting on watercolor paper with el-cheapo watercolor paints and on the chipboard sentiment I stamped clear Versamark ink, and heat embossed with yellow embossing powder.  I used dimensional adhesive behind the chipboard to pop it up off the card front.  A few pink and yellow buttons to finish it off and the whole thing took less than 15 minutes!


For my 'Hello' card, I stamped a large background stamp design on the chipboard with clear Versamark ink, and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  So cool and easy to do!  The card front is a piece of vellum paper, also heat embossed with white emboss powder and a polkadot background stamp.  A vellum butterfly and some twine is all it takes to complete this card!


I got out the spray paint for this card!  A couple of light coats of blue paint is all it took to cover the chipboard sentiment and then I matched the blue with markers, to color in the stamped image.  Adding some little pearl dots always makes me happy and completes a card with little fuss.


Here's a great way to use up some scraps from past projects!  I cut circles with punches from a variety of patterned paper bits, inked the edges and slapped a inked sentiment on top!  Halfway through the inking I decided I really like the blotchy unfinished look and decided to stop.  It kinda goes with the sentiment I think.


Get Well Soon is such a simple card to make.  I stamped the background design with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with white powder, and did the same on the sentiment, but used pink emboss powder there.  Again, the sentiment is popped up with foam adhesive.  It's a top folding card, so it's easy to tie a ribbon around the bottom and still have it look nice inside.  The stamp set is Meadow Greens from Papertrey Ink.


And finally, Thinking of You.  I spray painted the sentiment with gold spray paint.  I'd like to spray EVERYthing in my life with that stuff.  Then I tried Glossy Accents on top to give it a shimmery shine.  It's ok.  Not great.  I've since found a better way to accomplish that and I'll be sharing that in another blog post.  In a word?  UTEE.  If you know me at all, you'll realize that this card is a bit of a departure for me.  I'm not about shiny, glittery, gloss.  Lately though, I am feeling a pull to the dark side.  Even though this card looks like I totally dove into the deep end of that particular pool!

All of these chipboard sentiments are available at Love is in the Details!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts