World Card Making Day

Hello everyone!  Today is World Card Making Day, an event that has been happening now for 8 years, on the first Saturday of October.  It's a day to celebrate the connection and creativity that is at the heart of card making.  I copied that from the official site.  Any day that is designated to  play with paper and stamps and glue and ink, is a day I'm happy to celebrate!  

We've got a mini-event going on at Love Is In the Details today too.  Head on over there to see these cards and the challenges that accompany them.  I use the word "challenge" loosely as there are no deadlines or prizes, just lots of fun prompts and ideas to kick-start your mojo.
 I made 3 cards with this Tim Holtz feather die!  The feather is made from paper I "washed" in Inkagold!

I love taking a die and embedding it into a die cut negative, like the "you" is nestled into the feather here.


 
 This silver embellishment is actually a paper die cut with melted UTEE covering it.
 More Inkagold magic on this chipboard piece.

 Jennifer McGuire made me buy this Kelly Purkey die several weeks ago after I saw a card she made with it.  MADE me, I tell you!  I'm glad I did.  Anyone who knows me, knows that this sentiment says a LOT! 
 I made this card for my son to celebrate the LONG awaited day when he could get his phone upgraded.  The sentiment is handwritten with a silver Uniball pen.  LOVE that pen!  Almost as much as my iphone.  I wish the photos showed better that both cards have the iphone die covered with Glossy Accents for a true-to-life shine!  SO cool!


 There you have it folks!  I'm traveling again today, so I won't be able to join you all making cards, but I had a lot of fun making these ones before I left home, and I can't wait to see what all you creatives come up with today that inspires me to make some more once I return home!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope playing with paper is part of your day today!

Comments

Popular Posts