Project 365. Well, 366 this year.

Meet my new best friend, Blurb. Kind of a funny name for a friend I know, but that hasn't gotten in the way of a budding new relationship that I just know will last longer than Element 117 or gum stuck to the sidewalk.

Since I started doing APAD in January of 2008 I've been trying to think of a way to showcase my photos for my own pleasure and for my family to see and enjoy as well. I even went to the effort of creating a hard cover photo book, with dates and a few explanations along the way but I didn't ever order it.

Even after all that work.

Because it still wasn't what I had in mind.
Then again in 2010 when I committed to the concept of capturing (at least) one photo every day, I kept trying to think of what format I would like to bring this project to life. It's all very well and good to have 47, 638 photos on your computer, but if no one gets to see them, or worse yet, your computer should crash....!?!
Turn the clock to January 2012 (apparently I am an even-year APADist) when I am committing again to this project and enough is enough. Time to think of something and do it. Then I had a full on frontal lobe idea. A small, (5"x5") soft cover book, with nothing more than a single photo on each page from January 1 to December 31. Trouble is, I couldn't find anyone that binds books that small and that thick.

Until I met Blurb. Blurb prints/publishes everything from a print run of ONE to hopeful best-sellers of oh, a LOT. Mine will be in the former category. Their smallest size is 7"x7" but now that I have it in my hands I realize it's the PERFECT size. And best of all, I could keep adding pages till I reached a year (and I could have gone further yet).
It arrived in the mail yesterday and let me tell you I could not be more pleased!! After a certain number of pages, they bump you down to the Not As Premium Paper, but honestly, I completely LOVE the quality of this book. And so does my family. And my friends. Who've been inspired to start Project 366's of their own!! That should tell you something!
So, I'm off to begin creating another one for 2010 and I can't wait to finish up this year and order ANOTHER one!! Always something to look forward to!!

Comments

  1. This is really interesting! I've bookmarked it! TFS Norine! Your book must be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! hooray for you for being able to stick to APAD...not one but twice and now a third time!! I love all looking at your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful book! I'll save this idea too, as I am doing PAD now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that book idea is great! I made books for my family this Christmas, they LOVED them! Thanks so much for the lovely comments that you have left me on my blog, they are much appreciated and loved! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahhhh! I was just telling the gals at work yesterday that I love my photography, but everything is just sitting on a computer ... and that I was going to look into doing a photo book and picking my best pictures of the year to include in the book! And today, I find this posting. Which, just reinforces what I wanted to do. I just never thought of doing it the way you did it. That's even way more cooler!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts